When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global provider of news and business information, we deliver content to consumers and organizations via newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, conferences, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and video. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news-gathering operations with almost 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, including the Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation. Other premier brands include Barron’s, MarketWatch, Factiva and DJX. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. Dow Jones publishes in 13 languages and distributes content in 28 languages, combining technology with news and data to support business decision making.
The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
From iPads to driveways, our team is committed to growing readership and revenue for The Wall Street Journal and Barron’s. We look for innovative ways to attract and keep readers engaged, whether through new pricing approaches, flash promotions & creative marketing ideas, or loyalty programs to reward our longtime subscribers. The Circulation team is seeking detail oriented and responsible undergraduate summer interns who are filled with ideas and energy to help our Print team.
Responsibilities will include:
* Assisting colleagues on marketing projects related to the Education, Amenity, Corporate and Single Copy business to help grow circulation and revenue
* Competitive market assessment for all businesses
* Assisting with updating marketing web sites for Education business segment
* Deploying weekly emails for students and professors
* Maintain Circulation Marketing initiatives calendar
* Conception and execution of student ambassador program for Education business segment
* Currently a rising college junior, senior, or graduate student; strong GPA (3.0 or higher)
* Preferably be a Marketing major
* Proactive with a “can do” attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast changing environment
* Competence with the MS Office suite, particularly Excel
* Excellent communication, organizational skills, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail
* Cover letter
* Video or 4 slide PowerPoint telling us: How you would increase subscriptions for the Wall Street Journal?
Click here to watch our summer internship program in action!
**Equal Opportunity Employer:**
**Dow Jones**, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets