Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Data is the compass.
We don’t just do stuff here, we do the right stuff.
We do the right stuff because we let data, hard facts, and numbers drive our strategy, our product development, and our way forward.
Here’s how we work. Our Data Strategy team collects and integrates our own proprietary data and third party licensed content – we process and integrate over 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources from 200 countries in 26 languages, while also providing equity exchange data from 43 countries and over 82,000 listed instruments.
During this three-month data strategy internship, you will work on a variety of projects and tasks assigned by and under the direction of managers in the Data Strategy organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
* Students must be undergraduates entering their junior or senior year
* 3.0 GPA or greater
* Solidresearch skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Internet savvy
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
* Exceptional verbal and written communication
* Exposure to MS Visio, LEAN or Six Sigma a definite plus
* Completed some coursework in Operations Management or Information Technology
* Foreign languages are helpful as you’ll deal with Data Strategy team members around the globe, including Barcelona, London and Hong Kong (sorry, no travel required)
* Cover letter
* Either a YouTube video or 4 slide PowerPoint telling us how you believe data, hard facts, and numbers influence the world
Clickhereto watch our summer internship program in action!
**Equal Opportunity Employer:**
**Dow Jones**, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets