Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Dow Jones Data Science and Engineering team in New York, NY is seeking Visiting Scholars and/or Interns in Data Science for the summer of 2015. Dow Jones is a world-class media company whose publications include The Wall Street Journal, WSJ.com, Barron’s, MarketWatch, and Dow Jones Newswires. Our products generate high volumes of data on user behavior, content and text of news articles, video, subscription and delivery processes, and content navigation and design. We are looking for people with skills and interest in data visualization, natural language processing, topic-modeling, experimental design, machine learning, statistical modeling, building data pipelines, and the unique opportunities available to our team in the digital journalism space. Members of our team are curious, friendly, innovative, collaborative, and are proactive about finding solutions to problems.
* Has or is working toward a PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline.
* Experience in data analysis and problem solving with large amounts of diverse data.
* Expert level in at least one of the following: machine learning, statistics, visualization, data engineering, natural language processing.
* Read and write code. R, Python, D3. SQL fluency.
* Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate results of analyses in a clear and effective manner.
**Equal Opportunity Employer:**
**Dow Jones**, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets