Telecommuting: 10 Great Jobs that Let You Work from Home
There has been a 115% percent increase in telecommuting between 2005-2015. After all, with all this great modern technology, why go into a crowded, gloomy office when you could work from home, a bar, or even a beach?
But when people hear the word telecommute or WFH job they often think that means less money. But that is so not the truth.
To demonstrate that there are high-paying jobs that let you work from home. FlexJobs sifted through postings from its database of over 32,000 current job listings and found 10 work-from-home jobs listing the highest pay—specifically, at least $100,000 annually.
Each job offers some level of telecommuting, either 100 percent telecommuting, mostly telecommuting, occasional telecommuting, or the option to telecommute.
Here are 10 remote jobs currently hiring where you can make 6 figures!
1. eCommerce Director
- Salary | $175,000 – $200,000
- General job description | In this role, the eCommerce director partners with executive management to create strategies for practice growth and implementation. The overarching responsibilities are to lead a global eCommerce team and to drive growth in providing eCommerce solutions to B2B and B2C customers.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Director of Growth, Business Development Director, Director of Business Consulting
2. Senior Medical Director
- Salary | $140,000 – $155,000
- General job description | A senior medical director works with medical facilities and medical education organizations to be in charge of strategic development and oversight for a specific department or area of medicine.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Assistant Medical Director, Medical Affairs Manager, Clinical Development Director
3. Sales Director
- Salary | $120,000 – $150,000
- General job description | Sales directors are responsible for finding new customer opportunities, growing current customer solutions, and leading a team of sales professionals within a given industry or product area.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Account Executive, Regional Sales Manager, Director of Account Management
4. Equipment Fleet Director
- Salary | $90,774 – $134,764
- General job description | Within transportation-related organizations, equipment fleet directors are responsible for providing strategic leadership and oversight for the development of equipment programs. That includes cost-effective maintenance, needs assessment, and advising executives on the direction of the equipment program.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Technical Services Manager, Operations Director
5. Back-End Web Developer
- Salary | $100,000 – $120,000
- General job description | Web developers build and deploy complex web applications and software solutions, including making critical architectural decisions for each project. These roles sometimes require DevOps responsibilities like setting up deployments, configuring continuous integration, and site monitoring.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Front-End Developer, Back-End Engineer, Software Engineer, Full Stack Web Developer
6. Senior Business Analyst
- Salary | $90,000 – $120,000
- General job description | Business analysts help to direct business products and strategy through data analytics, consulting with executive management, and presenting the optimal direction for business initiatives and investments.
- Related work-from-home job titles: | Financial Analyst, Project Manager, Data Analyst, Business Process Analyst
7. Team Lead, Statistical Programming
- Salary | $100,000 – $115,000
- General job description | For the pharmaceutical industry and others, statistical programming team leads oversee the data analysis for multiple projects, such as clinical trials or market research surveys, including budgets and resources, data analysis and reporting, and quality improvement.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Senior Statistical Programmer, Principal Statistician, Senior Biostatistician
8. Structure and Bridge Engineer Senior
- Salary | $77,571 – $108,000
- General job description | This type of engineer is responsible for analyzing data related to the design, strength, and structural integrity of structures such as bridges, tunnels, overhead street signs, traffic signals, and other ancillary structures.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Structural Engineer, Civil Engineer, Environmental Engineer
9. Account Executive
- Salary | $100,000
- General job description | Account executives are responsible for selling the products and services of a particular company or organization by researching and generating new business opportunities, as well as building on existing customer relationships.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Sales Manager, Sales Executive, Account Manager
10. Payroll Manager
- Salary | $70,000 – $100,000
- General job description | Payroll managers are often hired by large payroll processing companies to assist the company’s clients in managing and processing compensation and benefits for their employees.
- Related work-from-home job titles | Compensation Manager, Controller, Payroll Consultant, Business Manager
For this post, we’d like to thank our friends at Levo.